Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Soundtrack Of My Life

1) Lean On -  Bill Withers & Don't Stop Believing - Journey 

These two songs are important in my life because I remember back in the fourth grade that I sung a mixed version of these two songs when I was in Chorus. And I remember a dear friend of mine, who I can't recall her name, joined along with me. We would always stand next to each other as we practiced singing this song for our performance. And I am certain she was the first friend I ever made during Elementary. I'm pretty sure she moved away when I started middle school. But, whenever I hear one of these two songs, I always think of her and how much fun we had during Chorus. 

[Songs Links: Lean On.  Don't Stop Believing    Mixed- Lean On/Don't Stop Believing]


2) Gasolina- Daddy Yankee

Now I usually don't like Latin music but I always hear it on the radio, but this song brings back memories of when I was a much younger. The song is really catchy and I understand why my younger self liked it. Whenever my mother made me do chores around the house, I would always ask her to play this song while I did chores. So now when I listen to this song, it reminds me how energetic and naive I was when I was little. 

[Song link:  Gasolina ]

3) Hope Of Morning- Icon For Hire

So I discovered this song about a year ago and because of this I started liking the band. But this song in particular stands out to because of how relatable the lyrics are. For example, there's a lyric that says, "The last mistake, the choice I made. Staring in the mirror with myself to blame." And that I find relatable because we all make mistakes and sometimes we blame ourselves for it, at least I do. The chorus of the song, "When the hope of Morning
starts to fade in me. I don't dare let darkness have its way with me. And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight. I will not be giving in tonight." What I think this means to me is that we must persevere and never give up. And of course the Hope Of Morning being some sort of motivation that starts to fade but it doesn't make you give up

[Song Link: Hope Of Morning ]


4) Rock The Dragon- Dragon Ball 

Now this song I don't usually hear on a daily bases but it tend to bring back happy memories for me. So, my dad really love watching this Japanese cartoon called Dragon Ball, and I remember he would play some episodes with me. And the beginning theme song was so catchy that my younger self would sing along to this. I mean I really love watching Dragon ball because of all the action that goes on in the show. And whenever I hear this opening, I think of my father and me watching episodes of this show together.

Link : Rock The Dragon





















No comments:

Post a Comment